Corporate MEMBER APPLICATION
Corporate MEMBERS RECEIVE:
- Membership for your company and 10 of your employees, who can also be listed in the Professional Designer or Professional Member categories if they meet the criteria for those categories, and receive the same benefits as those categories
- Company logo printed on the inside back page of the magazine, on the footer of the website and on other promotional materials as applicable
- Access to all training sessions we organise
- Access to our online seminar archive of past training sessions
- Access to all our social events
- Access our private email discussion forum and closed Facebook group
- Receive our printed magazine The Echo
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter The Herald with news relevant to the sound community
- 25% off premium Mandy (previously known as Stage Jobs Pro membership
- £10 million Public Liability and £1 million Professional Indemnity Insurance for freelance work you do outside your normal employment.
- 30 free sound effect downloads (worth $150) of your choosing from Pro Sound Effects, and 20% off libraries and licenses you purchase through them (excludes Hybrid Libraries)
- Access our ASD Benefits scheme
This category is open to all companies who work within the theatre sound industry.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE - £10 MILLION COVERAGE
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE - £1 MILLION COVERAGE
Provided by Hencilla Canworth. This policy covers Professional Designer, Professional Members, Graduate Designer and Graduate Members. It also provides cover for individuals who have joined under a Corporate or NCO membership for freelance work they do outside their normal employment. The policy covers "The members occupation as a sound designer or sound engineer including the design, installation, preparation and operation of sound systems, the recording of sound effects, the teaching or mentoring of these activities and a manager or technician in the theatre, entertainment and conference industries". There are no restrictions on working at height. To receive this benefit you will need to register separately for it after joining the ASD.
PRO SOUND EFFECTS
Pro Sound Effects are pleased to offer ASD members 30 free downloads (worth $150) from our online library of over 215,000 sounds, collected from libraries such as BBC, Blastwave FX, Boom Library, Sonopedia and Soundrangers. And a 20% discount on libraries or licenses you wish to purchase (excludes Hybrid Library). Please note the 30 free downloads are a once only offer rather than refreshing annually.
In conjunction with Parliament Hill, we are offering a range of benefits and discounts to our members, including discounts on Apple products, car hire, hotel rooms, travel insurance and a range of other products.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions are outlined here. You will be asked to agree to them when you join. The ASD withholds the right to vary or withdraw any of these services at any time, without notice.
DURATION OF MEMBERSHIP & FEES
The membership year runs from September 1st to August 31st.
The fees due per annum for Corporate Membership are £650.
If you join in September or October, you will be charged the full rate to carry your membership through to the following September 1st. If you going between November and May your membership fee will be calculated pro-rata until the following September 1st. Should you join in June, July or August, to avoid you having to almost immediately renew your membership, your membership will be extended to the September of the following year and so will cost more than the annual rate.
If you are self-employed or a company, the cost of ASD membership is tax deductible as a professional subscription.
Your membership will automatically renew each year, and you will be asked to sign up for recurring payments and you will be sent an invoice at the start of the next membership year. If you wish to cancel your membership please contact us at any time.
THE JOINING PROCESS
You can apply to join at the bottom of this page where you will be taken to our member portal website.
You will be asked to fill out your personal information which will form your public profile in our published directories.
Finally you'll be transferred to the PayPal website for payment. if you do not have a PayPal account you can still pay using your credit or debit card simply click "Pay with a Credit/Debit card" on the PayPal website.
Once payment has been received you will receive an email from us detailing access to the email forum and Facebook group, and full access to the website will be unlocked.