Equipment Loan Scheme
The ASD have teamed up with the National Theatre to enable access to some of those items of equipment that are financially out of reach for a lot of people, and outside the scope of normal theatre hire companies inventory. The scheme allows you to borrow equipment for a week at a time, for free.
What's on offer:
- Sennheiser MKH416 shotgun mic in Rycote windshield. The MKH416 is the classic boom rifle mic, used to record countless feature films.
Sound Devices 722 recorder. Sound Devices are the pinnacle of the portable field recorder, allowing pristine low-noise recordings to be made. This is a 2-track recorder, built like a tank that records simultaneously to its internal hard drive and to e Compact Flash card. Supplied in a Portabrace bag.
Zoom F8 8-track recorder. Offering 8 mic/line inputs in a small portable package, this recorder features dual SD card recording and iPhone/iPad remote control. It is supplied in a Portabrace bag.
SMAART analysis system. This complete SMAART package features a MacBook Pro running SMAART v8, an RME Fireface 802 sound card and four Presonus measurement mics.
How it works:
- Book here via here. Bookings must be made no later than 2pm the previous business day.
- Once your booking had been verified you'll receive a confirmation email including details of how to collect the equipment from the National Theatre sound department in Waterloo.
- At the end of your hire you'll return the equipment to the NT sound department, where it will be signed in and checked.
- If the equipment comes back late, or is damaged a £50 charge will be made.
This scheme is only open to to the following member categories:
- Professional Designer
- Professional Member
- Graduate Designer
- Graduate Member
- NCO Member
You must also have been a member for at least 12 months before you can use the scheme. Student categories have been deliberately excluded as the theory is that your educating institution provides access to their equipment.
These limitations are designed to give our increasing membership fair access to a small pool of equipment.
We reserve the right to modify these limits and add further terms and conditions as the scheme progresses.
If you have any questions please email us.